Our latest Long Range AccuBlock® M50 is designed to be a tack-driving, full size target / varmint stock - comes complete with 3 swivel studs, vented forend to promote faster barrel cooling and a fitted Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. It is identical in form to our ground-breaking M50 carbon fiber layup stocks, with the warmth and beauty of wood. For pure shootability it is a hard stock to beat at any price.
Stocky's Take: This stock design is rapidly becoming one of my favorite ambedextrous designs of all time for several reasons.
- The butt is tall and wide so the apparent recoil reduction is as good or better than any laminated stock on the market today.
- The cheek is as high as I dared to make it while still clearing the bolt, without putting a groove in the front to ruin its more classic lines.
- The grip is more vertical than older versions (like the M40), the palm swell puts the trigger finger right where it needs to be for optimum trigger control, with a thumb flute on either side.
- The receiver sits nestled in our precisely accurate, aluminum Accublock® and needs no bedding (skim bedding is okay for the most particular shooters).
- The semi-beavertail forend (as well as the flat-bottom butt) rides great in the bags and is plenty wide enough, but not as wide as some.
- Up front we've cut a pair of air breathing vents as well as undercut the inside of the barrel channel to promote maximum barrel cooling during those long, hot days in dog town.
We're pretty sure you'll agree its one of the most inherently accurate, sweetest shooting stocks out there!
|Weight||3 lbs 8 oz|
|Length of Pull||13.5"|
|Max Barrel Contour||No|