For those desiring an extreme range, A3 vertical-grip design with a standard weight barrel, this is the one!
The A-3 Sporter design is based on customer demand. For years, shooters have purchased McMillan's "A" series tactical stocks as precision rifles. Because McMillan's "A" series are basically designed as prone stocks, the company received numerous requests for a version of the tactical stocks that retained its comfortable vertical pistol grip but was more suited to general hunting and offhand use.
The new EDGE technology uses 100% graphite plus high tech resins borrowed from the aerospace industry to produce a stock that is inherently lighter and stiffer than either fiberglass or wood. Proprietary features within the stock and receiver area provide additional structural strength while reducing flex. And, as you know, stiffness reliably increases accuracy. The result is that an EDGE stock is 3 times stronger than wood, while cutting weight 30-50%. Now you can build a heavier barreled walking varmint / tactical scoped and ready to hunt in a very portable 8-10 pound package.
Stocky's® new M5 Stealth DM system accepts Accuracy International type magazines, the same system military & police forces around the world rely on in the world's finest sniper rifles. You can keep spare 5 or 10 round magazines in your pocket for the fastest reloading when seconds count with mil-spec. smoothness. There is not a smoother cycling or more reliable DM system on the market, and it come pre-fitted to the stock complete with professionally installed aluminum pillar bedding.
The A-3 Sporter is a variation of McMillan's A-3 tactical stock but with the drop-at-heel lowered from 3/8" down to 1" for better stock position on the shoulder for offhand and sitting use. The forearm has been curved in at the top to a "semi-beavertail" type for a more positive grip when hand holding the rifle. The pistol grip is the same as the A-3 and Adj. A3-5 stocks. It is an ambidextrous stock and can be inletted for most Remington 700 and Savage type actions. The forearm can be inletted for sporting barrel contours up to a Remington Varmint or #5 Douglas type contour. It is an excellent stock for general hunting and field varmint use with the famous "A" series type pistol grip.
- (if your action is not listed, please contact us and ask)
- Bat HR & VR
- Big Horn (rear tang will sit proud on stock 1/8")
- Borden Alpine & Timberline
- Dakota 76 (action must be sent in for fitting, fees may apply)
- Defiance SA, Med, LA
- Lawton 7000, 7500, 8500
- McBros & McMillan G30
- Montana 1999 SA & LA
- Nesika Bay - J, K, C, S, M, CT, V models
- Remington - 700, mod 7, 600, 660, 721, 722, 788, xp100, xr100
- Sako - L61R, A-V, 591, 691, Quad
- Savage - staggeredfeed all models (DBM model must be sent in for fitting)
- - centerfeed - single shot & blind mag only
- - target 3 screw
- Stiller - all Remington clones
- Surgeon - all models
- Tikka - 65, T3
- Winchester - mod 70, pre 64, pre war, SPR, PBR
- nominal weight 1.8 lbs. (as shipped w/ studs & pad)
- overall length of stock: 30 1/2"
- depth of action area: 1.850" (will vary depending on action model)
- max diameter action: 1.4"
- forearm width: 2.265"
- grip width: 1.850"
- buttstock width: 1.725"
- L.O.P. with 1" recoil pad: 14.5"
- drop @ comb: 5/16"
- Remington 700 Barrel Channels
- Sporter Barrels
- Varmint / Police / Sendaro (.850" muzzle diameter)
- Almost all custom tapers (specify) up to the Sendaro
- Choose From Two Floorplate Inlets:
- Choose standard "BDL" for factory hinged floorplates
- Choose the M5 Stealth DMDetachable Magazine System Inlet To Fit "M5 Stealth" and "Badger" magazine systems
- (slightly wider and deeper than standard BDL to accommodate AICS magazines)
- Choice of Colors and Finishes
- Painted Finishes (or Unfinshed)
- Solid Black
Stocky's® take:. The original tactical stock, the McMillan Fiberglass Stock, is the standard by which everything in this country and about 33 others are judged. The hand lay-up fiberglass (carbon fiber is optional) is battle tested and unquestionably able to handle any and all conditions they may be used under. For those desiring the finest composite stock with uncompromising attention to detail and quality, there are few real choices, a McMillan would be on the top of the heap.
|Brand||McMillan Fiberglass Stocks|
|Length of Pull||13.5|
|Max Barrel Contour||#5|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Manners Remington 700 MCS T DBM (Monte Carlo Style) ADL BDL CDL SPS VTR XCR XHR With Badger Alumimum Bedded Detachable Magazine Chassis
Manners Remington 700 MCS EH-1 (Elite Hunter Vertical Grip) ADL BDL CDL SPS VTR XCR XHR With BDL ALUMINUM CHASSIS For Hinged Floorplates
Manners Remington 700 MCS EH-2 (Elite Hunter High Comb) ADL BDL CDL SPS VTR XCR XHR With BDL ALUMINUM CHASSIS For Hinged Floorplates
Manners Remington 700 MCS EH-3 (Elite Hunter) ADL BDL CDL SPS VTR XCR XHR With BDL ALUMINUM CHASSIS For Hinged Floorplates