The birth of the modern tactical rifle can be traced back to the year 1975. Gale McMillan, founder of McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, partnered with the Marine Corps to develop a pioneering project that is now known as the M40A1. Today, McMillan is the most-issued tactical stock in the world. Army, Navy, Marines, Secret Service, Treasury, Border Patrol, FBI, and so on... our customer list reads like a who's who of the best professional tactical units in the business.
The McMillan tactical series are a combination of benchrest accuracy, battlefield ruggedness, superior ergonomics and specialized design. There is indeed a difference between professional equipment and look-alike equipment. When that difference matters to your job performance, demand McMillan.
The A-4 tactical sniper stock was originally designed for the USMC. The optional adjustable saddle type cheekpiece is comfortable and efficient. The forend is similar to the A-2 but with the bottom dropped to be parallel to the top. It has a vertical pistol grip and a butt hook for better control of the butt with the non-trigger hand. It is available with fixed length of pull or adjustable spacer system. The A-4 will accommodate all Remington 700 type and Winchester Model 70 type actions (special order). The stock is ambidextrous and may be ordered for either right and left hand.
THE A4 WILL ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
- straight comb and saddle cheek piece available
- (if your action is not listed, please contact us and ask)
- Barnard P, S & PL models (rear tang sits very high in stock)
- Bat HR & VR
- Borden alpine & timberline
- Dakota 76 (rifle must be sent in for fitting, fees may apply)
- Lawton 7000, 7500, 8500
- McMillan G30's & Mcbros
- Montana 1999's
- Nesika j, k, l, s, m, c, t, v
- Remington 600, 660, 700, 721, 722, 788, XP 100, XR 100, 40X, model 7
- RPA Quadlite single shot
- Savage - all staggerfeed models (DBM must be sent in for fitting), bling mag & single shot
- - centerfeed blind mag and single shot models only
- - target 3 screw
- Stiller - all Remington clones
- Surgeon - all models
- Winchester -model 70's, SPR, PBR, pre-64, pre-war clover leaf tang
- nominal weight 4 lbs 7 oz
- overall length of stock: 31" (at 13.5" LOP)
- depth of action area: 1.8" (will vary depending on action model)
- max diameter action: 1.5"
- max diameter barrel: 1.450" straight bull
- forearm width: 1.970"
- grip width: 1.9"
- buttstock width: 1.6"
- L.O.P. spacers - 13.0" to 14.5"
- drop @ comb: 5/16
We are warehousing the A4 in Remington 700 / M24 Mil Spec configuration with these popular add-ons (see the other models we carry for other optional choices):
- $498 - Full Drop-In Inlet - additional bedding is optional
- $13 - Aluminum Pillars Installed On Standard BDL (drilled for our 9/16" pillars on M5 Stealth version as we sell those kits with pillars included)
- $116 - Saddle-Type Adjustable Cheekpiece
- $7.50 - One Bipod Forend Stud
- $78 - Three Pairs of Flush Cups for Sling Swivels
- $116 - User-Variable LOP (13" - 14.5") via Butt Spacer System
Different models will be warehoused with varying options based upon factory popularity. For example, the A-5 will be stocked with the integrated adjustable cheekrest and two flush-cups versus the 6 cups and Saddle cheekrest on this battlefield-authentic A4. (The extra flush cups on this A4 account for the small difference in price with the A5 as we stock it.)The A-3 and M40 will be the starting price tacticals, warehoused in the fixed version with the excellent Decelator pad.
- Remington 700 / M24 Mil-Spec Barrel Channel (.980" muzzle diameter) Long & Short Actions
- M5 Stealth DM Detachable Magazine System Inlet To Fit "M5 Stealth" and "Badger" magazine systems
- Molded-in Solid Olive Finish
Stocky's take:. The McMillan A4 is the hard-charging, war-fighting standard (originally designed for the U.S. Marines) by which everything in this country and about 33 others are judged. For an authentic battle rifle build, chose this A4 or the M40A1 stock.
The hand lay-up fiberglass is fight-tested and unquestionably able to handle any and all conditions they may be used under. For those desiring the finest composite stock with uncompromising attention to detail and quality, there are few real choices, a McMillan would be on the top of the heap.
One of the reason that these units are so in-demand is because they have the reputation to wring that last little bit of accuracy out of a rifle, especially since the vast majority of accuracy ills are solved with the replacement of lesser quality stocks. Plus, when you feel the balance of a McMillan in your hands; when you see the crisp corners, precision machined inletting, perfectly executed ergonomic form and attention to uniform detail, any difference in price shrinks in relation to the wow-factor. They are literally a lifetime investment If you haven't taken the plunge, or are just tired of fooling around with bargain-priced stocks, jump confidently in with both feet. I frankly don't think you'll ever want another stock. Long after any "savings" is gone and forgotten, your new McMillan A5 stock will be paying tiny little dividends way out there, on the range or in the field..
|Brand||McMillan Fiberglass Stocks|
|Overall Length||31" (adjustable)|
|Weight||4 lbs 7 oz|
|Length of Pull||13-14.5|
|Max Barrel Contour||1.45 straight bull|