The Extreme is an extremely comfortable adult-size stock that gets the most out of the shooter handling it by providing the anatomically correct head and hand positioning possible for maximum steadiness. True thumbhole design with a longer forend (10 inches) for a better offhand grip, bench or bipod. This silhouette design, like many of our laminated rimfire stocks, is excellent for serious competitors or simple recreation. It features a high comb for large diameter scopes. The comfortable hand-conforming thumbhole and flared forend assist in the distribution of firearm weight through the fingers, wrist and shoulders, creating accurate off-hand shooting over standard designed gunstocks.
These features give this model a great feel both off the bags and offhand, with many shooters mounting a bipod in the central, thick region just in front of the receiver. This drop-in style gunstock is complete with a soft poly/rubber buttplate, black pad spacer and an extremely smooth non-reflective weather resistant finish that will not crack or yellow with years of use. Vented forend for enhanced barrel cooling and skeletonized butt section for reduced weight combine for an outstanding value.
Nominal Specs: weight 2.2 lbs; o.a.l. 30"; L.O.P. 13.5" Available right or left handed.
Shop & Compare these quality features:
- Adult sized 13.5" length of pull;
- Adult sized, ergonomically correct grip;
- Thick, comfortable cheekrest with stylish off-side rollover;
- Skeletonized silhouette for ultra light handling;
- Dual-use forend for excellent bag stability yet great field shooting comfort;
- Solid machined brass screw bushings for ideal receiver stability in the stock;
- Virtually flawless satin finish - among the best we've seen;
- Soft, hand-fitted poly buttpad with attractive black spacer
- Double-layer laminations on two-tones for more vibrant color!
- Variations for Ruger 10/22:
- Right & Left hand versions
- Standard & magnum versions
- .920" bull or factory barrel channel versions
Laminate Color Choices Include:
- Bone Gray (gray/black)
- Buckskin Brown (brown/brown)
- Woodland Camo (olive/brown/gray)
- Cayenne (dark red/brown/gray)
- Pink (pink/pink)
- Electric Blue (double layer blue/gray/black),
- Fire-N-Ice (double layer red/gray/black),
- Purple Haze (double layer purple/gray/black)
- Americana (red/natural/blue).
Stockys® take: I'd put a bipod stud out front and still have plenty of room for the off hand or a rested shot from the thicker forend section in front of the magazine. Solidly in the lightweight laminate category, weighs about the same as an Evolution with better handling and adult sizing (Evo is shorter, more youth-like). Very cool looking and shooting with evhanced cooling via the forend vents. I own one myself, marry it to an AlumaLite barrel and you'll have a match made in Heaven (probably win a few matches, too.)
|Weight||2 lbs 4 oz|
|Length of Pull||13.5|
|Max Barrel Contour||0.92|