The time tested military style riflestock was introduced in the 1970s, replacing the wood stocks on standard issue U.S. Military sniper rifles. Even though the U.S. military has moved into other configurations, this M40 silhouette's popularity continues to increase to this day (in fact we are seeing a resurgence) and is sure to accelerate even faster with the introduction of this aluminum bedded Bell & Carlson variant. Other than the addition of Bell & Carlson's cutting edge aluminum chassis, it is hard to improve upon "ideal."
Remington 700 Specs
- Nominal weight 2.7 lbs;
- fits factory hinged floorplate and M4 Detachable System;
- Cut for the standard Rem #3 Varmint / Police / Sendaro barrel;
- Easily modified for 5R mil. spec. and most other heavy contours;
- Includes the 700 SPS, XCR, VTR Varmint and Tactical type rifles.
Savage Short Action 4.40" Detachable Magazine Specs
- Nominal weight 2.7 lbs
- Fits factory Detachable Box Magazine
- 1012 Bottom Bolt Release
- 1014 Top Bolt Release
- LOP 14"
- Cut for the factory Varmint barrels
Tikka T3 BBL Specs
- Nominal weight 2.7 lbs
- Standard Varmint Barrel Contour
- Recoil lug built into aluminum bedding block
- LOP 14 1/4"
- Calibers include:
What sets this stocks apart from the B&C 2958 is the raised monte carlo cheekrest, set ideally for large, powerful scopes; and the flat/round forendfor horizontal stability from a rest. They overcame any potential bolt removal issue brought on with the monte carlo by inletting a small slot at the top/front of it. It has a very comfortable grip and a fairly wide forend with dual front sling studs to allow for both bipod and sling attachment. Additionally, this unit is now available in long action, wheras the 2958 is not.
The stock has no checkering and like all in the Medalist line, it has the integral aluminum bedding system that is computer designed and CNC machined out of aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum. The aluminum block extends through the forearm to add strength and stiffness and incorporates the attachment of the front sling swivel for additional security. An aluminum tail piece also extends from the bedding block through the grip area to add rigidity and to strengthen the stock. The stock is designed to be free-floated and it comes with a standard length of pull of 13 3/4 with a Pachmayr Decellerator pad and is available in all the finishes that we currently offer, including our web and camouflage patterns.
|Brand||Bell & Carlson|
|Weight||2 lbs 12 oz|
|Length of Pull||13.5|
|Barrel Contour||.850" muzzle|
|Max Barrel Contour||can be opened up to 1.25" straight taper|
- Bell&Carlson Tactical Medalist M40 stock for Remington 700 SPSReview by Mike in Texas
- Bell&Carlson M40Review by James
- Substantial improvemnt on Tika T3Review by Sam
- Excellent for both .308 and .223 SavagesReview by OOB
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 2 Vertical Grip Remington 700 BDL, Savage 10/12, Weatherby Vanguard ,Howa 1500
Manners Remington 700 MCS T3 DBM (Monte Carlo / Beavertail) ADL BDL CDL SPS VTR XCR XHR With Badger Alumimum Bedded Detachable Magazine Chassis